Work-study programs provide opportunities to earn money while you're in college by working part-time on campus or in the community.
Federal Work-Study Program (FWS): Provides jobs to undergraduate and graduate students with financial need. Students usually work 10 to 15 hours per week during the academic year. To apply, file the FAFSA. Click here to learn more.
Job programs from private colleges and universities: Check with the college's financial aid office for on-campus job availability. Community service jobs are also available for work-study students.
Other Programs for Students and Parents
- Collegiate Science and Technology Entry Program (C-STEP)
- Federal Parent PLUS Loans
- Federal Student Loan Interest Deduction
- Federal Tax Incentive Programs for Higher Education
- NYS College Tuition Tax Credit/Deductions
- Interest-Free Monthly Tuition Payment Plans
- New York 529 College Savings Program
- Veterans Education Benefits